How to apply for voter Id card online for the year 2017
In the present day world where everything is run online thanks to the internet services, most of the services we need can be found and get them done online. Similar is for the people waiting to apply for voter id cards either new or a duplicate. All the people of Maharashtra looking to apply for a voter id card, track the status or get the information of a lost voter id card or what so ever purpose can use online public services offered through related portals. Maharashtra Government manages few portals for the year 2016, where people can use them and get the job done. Registering for one of the very common id proof for Indians, voter id is now online and also easy. Read further to know various methods of registering for a new voter id card or for a duplicate if you have lost one, both online and offline.
How to apply for Maharashtra new voter id card 2017 :
Anyone in India above 18 years of age is eligible to make or fade the future of country by using their power of vote. Getting a new voter id card is an easy process both either online or offline. Just stay very careful while filling any kind of information in any form. There are two ways of applying, online and offline.
Step by step process for applying for a new voter id card online :
- First go this link : http://www.nvsp.in/forms/form6.html
- You will find some details to be filled like name, age, date of birth, guardian’s details, address in in order to verify your identification. Stay alert and be careful while you fill in the details because, Booth Level Officers (BLO) will come visit the address you filled in few days later.
- Recheck the details after you have filled out because, there won’t be any possibility for a change in details once the application is submitted. So, recheck once again.
- After you have submitted the Maharashtra voter id online application 2017, you will receive an acknowledgement number then and there itself to the contact number you have provided. And also, the date when your new voter id card will be delivered at your home.
- After you receive the acknowledgement number called EPIC Number to the contact number you have provided, save it for any further reference to track down the status later online.
Process of applying for a voter id card 2017 offline :
Not much of Indian population is into the usage of internet, so the offline method of applying is used more. This is a far simpler process than the online one and the best option for those who do not have public service offices nearby. Follow the steps in procedure and avoid any discrepancies:
- Below is the link where you can download the application form to apply for a new voter id card. After the form is downloaded, take a print of it and fill out all the details mentioned carefully avoiding any mistakes. Link : “http://www.nvsp.in/forms/form6.html”
- Recheck the details you filled out in the application.
- Once you are sure there is nothing wrong with details you filled in, visit the nearest election office and submit the application form.
- After 2-3 days of the submission of the application in the nearest election office, appointed Booth Level Officers visit your address to confirm the identity and address.
- After the BLO comes and confirms your identity, you will receive your voter id card to your postal address you mentioned in the application form.
- You will receive an acknowledgement number called EPIC Number to the contact number you have provided. It is helpful to save this number for any further reference while tracking down the status.
How to apply for a duplicate voter id card 2017:
It is natural that we tend to lose our wallets or misplace cards and stuff. So, for those who have lost their voter id cards, there are both online and offline methods to get a duplicate voter id card. Following are the links provided for the both online and offline methods. In both the links you will find applications.
Process to apply for a duplicate voter id card online :
In the online link, you will have to fill the details with caution and care in order to avoid any discrepancies as there is no chance to change the details once the application is submitted. After proper verification, the duplicate voter card is sent to the address you have provided.
Process to apply for a duplicate voter card offline :
In the offline link, you will have to download the application form and take a print of it. Then, fill in the details required with caution and utmost to attention to avoid any mistakes. After that, you need to visit the nearest election office and submit the application form. Once you are done submitting it, they verify for the identification and send the duplicate voter card to the address you provide in the application form.
Optional alternative method to apply for any voter id card new (or) duplicate :
Apart from the above methods, there is a general method to apply for a new or a duplicate voter id card.
The Election Commission Officer Portal provided by the ECO of Maharashtra government is highly updated and is designed in a easy-to-use and user friendly fashion. The ECO of Maharashtra works with ECI so, most of the useful information regarding Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha and The Assembly are also available in this official all in one portal. This portal is everything that maintains transparency between the Election Commission of India, Maharashtra and citizens of Maharashtra. Anyone with a basic computer operating knowledge can use this portal with ease. The link is given below :
In this website, you can carry on almost all of the functions related to elections like:
- Applying for a new Maharashtra voter id card online,
- Applying for a new voter id card offline,
- Applying for a duplicate voter id card online,
- Applying for a duplicate voter id card offline,
- Tracking the status of an applied voter id card new (or) duplicate,
- Change name, address or any other specific details of a citizen,
- Results of the elections,
- Information of various candidates.
Every application form regarding change in details or applying for the new or duplicate id cards is available in the portal so, people of Maharashtra are requested to make the best use of this portal.
How to track the status of an applied voter id card
- As already mentioned, you will receive an acknowledgement number (or) reference number called EPIC Number after your identity is verified by the BLO. You will have to save this number for further reference.
- Below is the link where you can enter your reference number and track down the applied voter card: “ http://electoralsearch.in/ ”
- Once you enter the site, you will find two ways of tracking down the status using two kinds of information.
- One, filling details like applicants name, guardian’s name, date of birth etc.
- Another, by simply entering the EPIC number you received and tracking down the status.