Today (16/03/2017) tamilnadu finance minister filed the Budget of the state in the legislative Assembly, It is the first budget under the CM Edappadi Palanichamy government. The budget is for the year 2017 -18 and highlights of Tamilnadu budget 2017-18 is given below.
|Tamilnadu have debt of about 314366 crores
revenue deficit is about 15,930 crores
The fiscal deficit of the ongoing year is about 41977 crores
Economical growth of the state is projected to be around 6.5 to 7%
- Average production capability of Aavin company raised to 40.22 lakh litres in the year 2016, At the cost of 40 crores milk processing center will be set up in Madurai ,
- Steps will be taken to convert 25 veterinary branch centers to veterinary medical center, Also Veterinary medical centers will be upgraded to veterinary hospitals, Govt will set up 25 new veterinary branch centers.
- Foor poor womens 12 thousand cows and for 1.5 lakh families 6 lakh goats will be given.
- Steps will be taken to set up small enterprises with the help of women’s self help groups.
- Puthu valzvu scheme will be started additionally in 120 circles.
- Steps will be taken to cultivate horticultural crops in 39 lakh acres.
- 10500 vacancies in the tamilnadu police department will be filled in the ongoing year.
- Additionally 29 police station will be setup at the cost of 30 crores.
- For digitalizing the police department 6483 crores will be allocated. Also steps will be taken for purchasing new vehicles and communication devices
- In Coimbatore, Madurai and trichy international skill centers will be opened, It will be help ful for those who search foreign jobs.
- For giving crop loan to farmers through cooperative banks 7000 crores are allocated
- 10 new tehsil offices will be opened with apartment features.
Amount of Funds allotted for various schemes and departments In the 2017 -18 budget
|Amount (in crores)||Department / schemes|
|469 crores||For Rural Poverty Reduction schemes|
|587||Environment and Forests department|
|250||For Avinashi Athikadavu scheme|
|253||Fire service department|
|984||For financial management|
|229||For Construction of judicial buildings|
|272||Urban Poverty Reduction|
|48||For the development of tamil language|
|46331||Salaries, education subsidies|
|150||For training 1 lakh youths|
These are some important features of the Budget , those are looking for to download the complete Tamilnadu Budget 2017 – 18 pdf file need to wait for some time as it will uploaded officially at tamilnadu government website shortly, once it is uploaded we will give the direct link of it downloading it.
Click here to Download TN budget as pdf