In this post we will give details about how to apply for passport online through the official website, passportindia.gov.in is the website created by the govt of india specifically for this purpose through which every individuals can apply for it in case if they choose online method.
This post will give details about how to apply for passport in tamilnadu, to get appointment for this, apply for it and how to check the status of the application.
Procedure for Account registration at website
- Email id is mandatory for filing the registration form, all the applicants need to starts with new register option, there fill all the personal details of it.
- After registering the details a confirmation message will be forwarded to the email address which you give in the online form, just click on the correct link provided in the form to activate your account.
- In case if you didn’t activate it within 7 days of registering then it will be expired, after the click you click you will get a message that your account was confirmed.
Pass port application procedure / status checking
- Now go to the same passportindia portal and choose login button, then enter your username and enter into it, then provide the passport and give the captcha code for successful log in.
- After the log in you will see a new page, there you find two options one for checking status of submitted application and other one for filing new / fresh application or reissuing the passport.
- After clicking apply you have further two options first one is downloading the form and taking print out of it for apply online and the second one for registering online.
- After this you need to select how you wish to get the passport such as newly applying, tatkal, 36 pages passport or 60 pages passport choose appropriate option and then go next.
- Read all the instructions given in the form and apply for it carefully, if you wish to save the entered details and wish to continue the registration later then simply check save option.
- Then choose appointment date to visit passport office, after selecting click save, the page which allows you to manage the appointment schedule will give you only 5 minutes time and you have to complete within it.
- On the scheduled date visit the office with the application print out, money and document originals.
- After verifying documents and receiving the application, photo will be taken and receipt will be issued to you, this is the work from your end.
note: name, address and DOB in all documents should be same
- After few days police verification will be done and after the completion of verification you will be get confirmation SMS and within few days passport will be dispatched to you through registered post.
Click here for tamilnadu passport online application 2017
- Fill all asked personal details, profession, details about pan card, aadhar card and voter id (If you have), After completing click save, It also asks address details and phone numbers of two neighbours, enter all information carefully as the details are checked during police verification.