Ration card is a very important document to be possessed by Indian citizens. Not only is it required to claim various benefits given by the government but also it is a important document for identification. Residents of the state of Tamil Nadu can now apply for ration cards given they fulfill the required eligibility criteria. The process for applying for the ration card can be known from here. Along with this if one seeks to make any changes in the already existing cards, regarding corrections such as change of address, mentioning of new members of the family, online renewal, lost, name deletion, ration card transfer etc then also one can apply for this.
How to apply?
Note: currently there is no option for applying ration card 2016 2017 completely online, however users can download ration card application form from this page.
- Get the application form from our site or from the official website of tamilnadu government.
- Civil supplies and consumer protection department has issued an prescribed format for application, it is available in both English and Tamil format , they are available download at below links.
- Download and take print out of it and fill the blank fields with correct details then submit to taluk supply officers or AC of civil supplies incase if you are residing in Chennai.
- For the proof of residence they need to attach a Xerox copy of document such as voter id, EB Bill, Telephone bill etc while submitting Tamilnadu ration card application 2017 2016.
Conditions of applying for ration are
- Candidate must be an indian and resident of tamilnadu
- Incase if you are applying for new card for family members due to reasons such as marriage and so on they must be live and cook individually.
- They shouldn’t have cards for any other addresses or duplicate cards.
- Check the complete details from below linked page.
Click here for complete guidance regarding this (Before proceeding any process kindly check all information available in this page)
Download tamilnadu ration card application form 2016 2017 online – tamil format | English format
One must read the eligibility criteria very carefully and understand all points before applying for the ration card. In case one intends to edit the information, then they should be very careful before they submit the edited information. All the necessary documents as mentioned on the official website should be possessed by an individual else he/she shall not be considered as valid receivers of the ration card.
Providing of any fraudulent information to claim a ration card shall not be entertained and severe actions shall be take. All information should be rechecked before submitting. For further details please visit http://www.tn.gov.in/.