In this post we describe how to pay Tamilnadu electricity bill online through TNEB website with the help of Net banking, Debit card and credit card. In tamilnadu Electricity bill is calculated for every 2 months for domestic users and as per the consumption users will be charged. Cost per unit depends upon the type of service (domestic / commercial) they are having and the units consumption.
We can pay at any time online after TNEB update the bill, usually board will update the amount within one day after they take readings from the meters.
How to Pay?
- If you are a first time user then you are required to create an account which is very easy one, for this you have to provide your region and service number, by referring earlier TNEB Bills you can complete them if you are unsure about it.
- Then give user id, password, and email address details for logging in next time.
- Once after completing these details and creating account in the website login to it by providing the credentials you entered before.
- After successfully logging in you will see list of connection you have added with its details, In case if any bill is pending for payment it will show you the amount, just click on pay
Recommended payment method for TNEB online Bill Payment is Netbanking as it don’t have any service charge also it is much safer than other options, If you choose debit / credit card for paying then service charge for different gateways are explained as follows
|Bank of baroda
Click here to Pay TNEB Bill online
Pay Bill in advance
An excellent option provided for the users is TNEB pay bill in advance, Incase if you don’t wish to pay for every 2 months you can pay any amount in advance, hence TNEB will take the bill amount from it and Bill will be displayed only when advance amount come to zero.
- It is impossible to pay TNEB bill online without user login hence it is important to create an account incase if you are trying it for the first time.
- TNEB bill copy of previous months can be found online by viewing bill history
- In case if you failed to pay the charge within noticed period then you will get penalty
- After creating user id in tneb website you can add any number of service connection, you can also pay for it without adding using quick pay by giving service connection details.