TNEB is the tamilnadu EB board and now a days almost everyone who have android mobile or PC with internet connection are paying the bill through online as it is very for everyone instead of standing in the queue before EB office, but main problem of paying fees online is incase if any error occurred during the transaction due to slow internet or slow server then some times the payment be incomplete and in some cases amount is deducted from from the bank end.
New to TNEB online Bill payment – Know the procedure
If you face this issue you can follow the below ways.
- If your payment is failed and got message from bank side that amount is debited then don’t try to do transaction again just leave it for a day after filing a complaint as shown in below step, your transaction will be identified and bill amount is settled and in some case it will be refunded to your bank.
- If last date is near some users pay bill amount twice in case of failure transaction then failed transaction amount will be added to advance amount in 1 or days after identifying the transaction which can be used for the next month. So the amount will not be wasted for you.
- If your TNEB online payment transaction is failed but amount is deducted then immediately file a complaint for that service number by selecting “general complaints” link from the menu. Once you choose payment related complain you will get a form to enter complaint details just fill and submit it. After the complaint submission you will get a complaint id and you are able to check the status of the complaint from “complaint status” tab.
- If you wish to contact through phone then you can dial 044-28520131 and register your complaint with the help of customer care executive.
You can check the status of transaction through Customer support > check your transaction status > Service number > transaction date and then click submit. It will show the bank name you tried to attempt and whether payment is approved by the bank or not and so on.
Calculate Bill yourself for the month online – click here
Our recommendations are
- Pay the TNEB bill at least 3 or 4 days before the deadline to avoid server crashes.
- Use internet connection which have good speed.
- Clear the cache of your browser before starting the process and use updated browsers.